Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Muse concert!

So Rob and I just got back from what was my first concert I've attended. We went to go see Muse at the (funny) David O McKay Center @ UVSC. All I can say is.... well not say since my voice is gone, but all I can type is AMAZING!

We got their @ 7:15 or so, and some mediocre band called "Immigrant" was performing to a bored crowd. Far as we could tell they were all white dudes, so much for the name. Then Julliete Lewis's crappy CRAPPY band performed for like 10 songs.... when she told the crowd "We've got one more song to play for you guys!" We all cheered, and she laughed. It seemed like it was taking forever for Muse to get on stage.

Anyhow, once they got on (@ 9:30), it was a TON OF FUN and a mind blowing experience! They are absolutely fantastic live, as many bands tend not to be.

I came out dehydrated, with several pulled muscles and aching legs, sore throat, back pain, nearly mute and deaf, but it was all worth it. Had a fantastic time. Which is hard to come by up here! At least for me.

In a couple weeks Scott takes a break from the Lord's University to go with me to see some Pumpkins get Smashed. Same place @ UVSC.

So there, I posted something!

20 comments:

Lindsay said...

All right, way to post something Sean! Good to hear from you...that's so cool that you got to go that concert. How nice that your favorite bands are playing right at your school. I've only been to a couple concerts myself and it is pretty cool to hear good, live music. Nothing like it.

debora said...

Wow sounds wild. What kind of music is it, hard rock, punk,....?
Do you think I would have enjoyed it? I do like the music you put on my ipod for me.
Isn't your school now called UVU?
Glad you and Rob had a good time.

Rob said...

Yea, it was a blast. Sean introduced me to Muse at the beginning of the summer and I'm a huge fan. I am glad we got to go, and that it was so close to us. The highlight had to be the dancing robots!!!

Lindsay said...

You know, whenever I see "yea", I think scriptures...isn't it better spelled "yeah"? Or are you trying to be scriptural?? :)

Ryan said...

Dancing robots? Are you sure those were "candy" cigarettes you guys were consuming before the concert?

Rob said...

Lindsay since its not actually a word, I can spell it how I please.

Sean said...

haha. On one of their funkier songs, they had a bunch of robots on the 3 huge screens in front dancing around.

Mom probably not your type of music, though it is extremely uplifting and positive, it's also hard rock and pretty loud.

And yeah, we should be UVU next year. But I see UVU shirts around.

Tadd said...

Wow you're lucky. I've always heard that Muse is great live. Hopefully they come to LA someday. The Pumpkins concert should be good too, although they aren't as good as they used to be.

Sean said...

haha tadd you seem to know a lot about both bands... because I agree.

And is that avatar of yours Mr. Jolly from hart?

Tadd said...

Yeah. I was looking through the folders and I saw it. The guy looks hilarious.

debora said...

I spell it "yeah", but I notice most people use "yea".
Was there much "candy cigarette" smoking going on? I just can't picture it in Provo but maybe I'm naive.
Doesn't Nate have some dancing robot moves? Oh, that's right its the dancing skeleton on the ottoman in the family room after FHE.

Lindsay said...

Mom, we used to get candy cigarettes from the ice cream truck on Pine Cove Circle. If six year olds could get ahold of them, I'm sure college kids in Provo can,too.

Rob said...

Oh I remember the candy cigarettes. We were so cool.

Sean said...

hah I remember those too.

KC said...

Muse is nothing, I"m going to Aly & AJ tonight. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob C said...

Oh my heck;

Carly said...

Mom was SO MAD that we bought those things. We would pretend to puff them. We thought we were so cool. She always forbade us to ever buy them. Did we listen? No way!

Nate said...

Psh, lucky. And Dad.........yea.

Lindsay said...

Maybe Dad is confused as to what this is: :) It's a sideways smiley face, not just a random colon and parentheses.

I don't blame Mom for being mad...candy cigarettes are really the most awful thing...fake ones for kids until they're old enough for the real thing?? I'm suprised they don't have candy beer...although I did think we were cool, too...oh the corruption starts young.

Lindsay said...

P.S. Aly and A.J.? Did they do the soundtrack for Bratz??