Thursday, October 4, 2007

Vamos al Mexico!!

It's done!! Finally!! And I have the headache and backache (from sitting at the computer for so long and talking with the ESL students at Travelocity) to show for it. But that's okay, because we're going to Mexico. I think I got us some good places for over $15 grand less. I'm super excited for the ruins and those blue, blue waters of the Carribbean. I hope you're all excited...and if you're not, well, don't tell me about it. Or Dad or Mom.

Oh, one thing, I wasn't able to get everyone on the same flights for all of the time. Tucker and Cadence will be coming a couple hours later. Cadence, of course, doesn't need a seat, so she'll be sitting on Tucker's lap. Hope they don't get too bored during the layover in Mexico City.

Here are some links to check out:
http://www.advantagemexico.com/cancun/chichen_itza.html

http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d152680-Reviews-Fiesta_Americana_Condesa_Cancun-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150808-d281317-Reviews-Mayaland_Hotel_Bungalows-Chichen_Itza_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

14 comments:

KC said...

That is so cool!!!

I was holding out for Bisbee, but this is a nice replacement. Thank you Lindsay for putting this together.

Scott said...

vamos a cantar

Ryan said...

You're having Tucker and Cadence lay over in Mexico City? Tucker speaks very little Spanish. I won't worry so much if I know Cadence speaks fluent Spanish. Does she?

Thanks, Lindz, for all the time you spent researching and booking. I know the hour and a half on the phone trying to teach English to the Travelocity agent probably wasn't on the top of your "to do" list that day. I am excited.

I say we have a family-wide race to the top of Chichen Itza and back, without skipping steps! Wouldn't that be a scene.

Carly said...

Cadence actually only knows Russian and German. I'm trying to teach her Spanish but she doesn't seem interested. She said it's an inferior language.

Carly said...

Oh and thanks so much Lindz!! You da bomb girl!

Sean said...

podemos comer limones con los chilanos y demostrar que somos los mejores comedores de limones.

Carly said...

Hmmm...something about lemon and chile?

debora said...

We are going to eat lemons with chilies and show who is better at eating lemons?
Lindsay we are all in your debt for getting this trip organized.
I'm up for the race to the top of chichen Itza. Everyone bring their running shoes, no flip-flops right Lindsay?

Lindsay said...

Close, Mom--we can eat lemons with the chilanos and show that we are the best lemon eaters. Right, Sean?

I don't think we'll be hiking any volcanos so I think flip flops will be fine. :)

Tadd said...

Great, Lindsay. That's Another reason for Mom and Dad to think your the perfect child.

Rob said...

Thank you Lindsay. Sounds like fun. I am looking forward to it. Thanks mom and dad for letting me bring a friend.

debora said...

I am so happy that your "friend" Whitney is coming with us, Rob.

Sean said...

I'm gonna try and bring a "friend" back with me from Mexico.

debora said...

Okay Sean. That will be great. The more the merrier, I say.