Sunday, March 9, 2008

More Dad Running

Central Park and Harlem at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:Share GPS tracks

Duration: 1 hour, 39 minutes, 3 seconds
Length: 11.2 miles
Average speed: 6.8 mph

The above trip is a double loop through Central Park with a short run at the top into Harlem. Unforunately, my GPS ran out of power so it shows me stopping right three quarters through my second loop. I entered Central Park at the bottom. It was a Friday.

I ran Central Park the next day, on Saturday. It was raining but there were many fast runners.
Whitney Canyon to Oliveview Hospital at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:Share GPS tracks
Duration: 4 hours, 36 minutes, 10 seconds
Length: 21 miles
Vertical up: 7503.6 ft
Vertical down: 7524.1 ft
Average speed: 4.6 mph

The above was a tough run from Whitney Canyon into Newhall, crossing the mountains, descending into Los Angeles and emerging at Oliveview Hospital. It is in a figure 8 because I took different ways up and down both sides.

17 comments:

Rob said...

Look like some great runs. Running through central park must have been fun.

debora said...

How was running through Harlem?

Kelli said...

Sweet. Maybe you can make a pit stop by 5th Avenue next time for me? You could always use a little breather, I'm sure. Kay thanks!

Kidding. But really, sound like fun. Too bad I didn't inherit that running gene.

Lindsay said...

That would be pretty cool to run in Central Park. I'd like to do that some day.

Lindsay said...

By the way, have you guys checked out Bob's Blog? If you haven't you should; I enjoy reading more of Dad's writing than just a one liner email.

Carly said...

What the....??

Since when did dad get a blog?

debora said...

I'm wondering the same thing. Shows you how much I know.
Is it by any chance called Bob's running blog?

Rob said...

Check the links on the right side of our blog and you can see Dad's blog there.

It's actually about knitting and crochet. Dad has some great tips and wonderful patterns posted.

debora said...

So that's what's going on when he is in the study with the door locked.

KC said...

I too like to do cross stitching while watching the simpsons.

Sean said...

Pretty crazy stuff Dad.

You running through central park reminds me of a little Al Pacino movie...

Bob C said...

Marathon Man; one of my favorites.

Bob C said...

Marathon Man; one of my favorites.

Bob C said...

Marathon Man; one of my favorites.

Rob said...

What movie is that from Sean? And I wonder if Dad likes it or not...

Rob said...

Hmm, Al Pacino was not in that movie.

Bob C said...

Right. Dustin Hoffman.