Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's official.

Although you were all having a grand time being highly entertained by my dating escapades, those days have come to an end. Yes, it is official, Kirk and I are engaged!

It all happened Friday night. I was down in San Clemente visiting Kirk last weekend. Friday was a long day, and our evening consisted of having dinner at the Charthouse restaurant in Dana Point (so good), visiting with a bunch of his extended family at his grandparents’ house (who all knew Kirk’s plan), and going to Kirk's friend's wedding reception (to be around more people that already knew).

Finally, we head home from the reception, and by this time I'm getting tired and looking forward to going back to his house. I did notice, however, that Kirk was acting a little weird and driving a little faster than usual, but I ignored it. Halfway through the drive home, Kirk asked if I wanted to go walk around the Montage for a bit, and I agreed. The Montage is this very pretty hotel in Laguna Beach that overlooks the ocean, and we had taken a walk there the first time I visited him.

We get there and start walking down the path for a little while. Then Kirk decides we should sit down on a nearby bench. As I walk up to the bench, I notice that it's covered in rose petals, and there's flowers. I realize what's happening and Kirk says, "Look over there!" Down on the beach in huge letters was written "MARRY ME" in glowsticks. As soon as I turn back around, Kirk's down on one knee and the rest is self explanatory.

Yes, Kirk did an amazing job and it was very romantic. Kirk is wonderful, and I never realized any one person could make me so happy. As we dated and I got to know him better, I was only more impressed with how talented, driven, smart, caring, and sweet he is. And although his appearance in my life was unexpected (to everyone, I think), he is everything I've ever wanted and more, and I love him very much.

I know this post is probably getting super long but I promised Mom I'd post the pictures. A lot of thanks is due to his little sister and her friend, who set it all up, and then hid in some bushes like paparazzi.

That magical bench.

I was just a little happy.


It's dark, but that's the beach down there.


Giving him a hard time for lying and saying he couldn't propose for 4 weeks.


Cancel any Christmas vacation plans, because December 27th is the date, in the L.A. temple.

And believe it or not, he is excited to be a part of this crazy family, and claims he finds Dad's jokes funny. That won't last long.

30 comments:

whitney said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! I think you guys beat me and Rob on the whole meet-and-get-engaged thing. Hey, when you know, you know. That's wonderful. I was really impressed with Kirk. I didn't know I was going to get to say this so soon, seeing as how I am one of the newest additions to the family myself (Maya beats me on that one), but Welcome to the Family Kirk!

Ryan said...

Congratulations, K&K. I was really excited to hear the news.

Kirk, are you sure you're ready for this family?

Carly said...

Yay Kelli! So are you going to make it official for Kirk? You know, making him one of the contributors for the blog?

Anyway, congrats. Kirk is great, we all like him. We promise!

Rob said...

Well shoot, I should have at least spoken to him at the reunion. Congrats K&K! From what I hear, he sounds like a great guy. What's his last name?

Lindsay said...

What a great story!! Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you. Kirk will make a great addition to the fam. I approve. :) But, he may be ready to join our family, but is he ready to join Crockett's Eleven?

Also, the ring? Do you have it? Pictures. Forget how great Kirk is, I just want to see the bling bling. Ha ha ha.

Aly & Conryd Salvesen said...

haha i'll have to agree with lindsey. i want to see pictures of the ring :) congrats kelli! i am so excited for you guys and hey! i told you you were going to marry him after i met him for the first time! and i was right... you're welcome :) anyways, we need to chat again soon. call me when you get up to utah so we can do dinner or something! miss you!

debora said...

Yes Rob you should have made an effort to speak to the "boyfriend" at the reunion but, as a few of us noticed, you are still in newlywed land.;) Hey its a good thing.
Kirk, I am so happy to welcome you to the family even if you are stealing away one of my baby daughters. You've already proved that you can handle all our Crazy Crockett drama, including Bob's Bad Jokes. I knew it was a done deal when- you know who- spoke freely and easily around you.
Congratulations K&K!!

Rob said...

wait for it....wait for it...

KC said...

Nice job Kirk. You can never go wrong with glowsticks.

Cindy said...

I'M ALL ALOOOOOOONE!!

haha, jk. sort of. Congratulations guys!! I am so happy for you two. But after this vacation in Utah, we can never go on another one again because I will be sleeping all by myself and you know how much of a chicken I am! haha

Cindy said...

I'M ALL ALOOOOOOONE!!

haha, jk. sort of. Congratulations guys!! I am so happy for you two. But after this vacation in Utah, we can never go on another one again because I will be sleeping all by myself and you know how much of a chicken I am! haha

Lindsay said...

Cindy, you can sleep with us Severts if you be our nanny and get up with the boys in the morning.

Carly said...

ha ha....that's exactly what I said to Cindy.

Rob said...

soon enough cindy

Scott said...

congratulations

Sean said...

Congratulations Kelli and Kirk!

Bob C said...

Congratulations Kirk and Kelli. I have been directed by Deb never to tell another funny joke again in this family, especially about Kirk, and so I won't.

Now, was his dad a fan of Star Trek?

debora said...

You can tell all the FUNNY jokes you want Bob. Ooooohhhhh.

NateDawg said...

looks like Kirk has no body in that pic

Scott said...

ps thanks for linking the restaurant and hotel now i have to check those places out

Kirk said...

Well I guess that this blog posting really makes everything official. I am really excited to be a part of your family. I've been really impressed by all of you. I love Kelli very much and am continually amazed at how great she is. She is so kind, smart, gentle, loving, and is always thinking of others. I am so lucky to have her.
Just in case you were all wondering yes, I do find Bob's jokes funny even though Kelli says that they're not. By the way Bob, if it makes you feel more comfortable you can continue calling me "the boyfriend" that's okay with me.

Carly said...

Well Kirk, you're in good company because Casey also finds my dad's jokes funny. I'll never forget when I was dating Casey and we were eating dinner at my mom and dad's house; dad was cracking the usual jokes and Casey was laughing. Tadd said, "stop laughing at him, he's not funny!" Thus began a love/hate relationship between Casey and Tadd.

Carly said...

Oh and Scott, who are you planning on taking to those places? Sarah?

Kelli said...

Hi Kirk!

Scott, I was practicing being an expert blogger, like Lindsay. But yeah, I'm sure Sarah will love those places, when are you two lovebirds going?

Rob said...

No one has answered me. What is Kirk's last name. I want to know who Kelli is now.

Carly said...

Kelli Lindahl

Lindsay said...

Kelli, I thought you put those links up to make us all jealous. And Scott, no, I won't be putting money into your account so you can take this Sarah girl to those places.

Bob C said...

Up next - the video at Memory Grove.

Jenni said...

wow i don't even know how i stumbled on the family's blog and now i see the news!!! bob, debbie, were you ever planning on telling the extended family!?! haha congratulations kelli and kirk that's so exciting!!! cindy, i guess it's a race between you, me, and melanie now, huh??

-jenni ball

Brandon and Renee Williams said...

I'm a little late...but CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you two!!