Thursday, August 14, 2008

From Italy

Here are some pictures of our first week in Italy.


This is a view of the hills of Tuscany. We have been staying with Piero, a friend of Whitney's grandparents who owns a large home in the area.


Here we are on top of the Campinile in Sienna. Sienna is a gorgeous midevil town.


We spent a day swimming on this beach on the Mediterranean on the Island of Giglio. The water was very warm.


At Pisa.


This is the Doge's palace in the Piazza di San Marco in Venice. Behind in the background is the Basicila of Saint Mark. It is an amazing church built in the 10th Century. Supposedly we saw the apostle Mark's tomb inside. Whitney loves the relics (remains) they show off in glass cases of saints inside these ancient churches.


Here we are on top of the best of the three bridges spanning the grand canal in Venice. It's a pretty wild place.

We are staying in a hotel right on the water in Venice tonight. Then we return to Tuscany for one more night with Piero and then we are off to Florence for 2 nights. After that, we finish our trip with 4 nights in Rome.

10 comments:

Carly said...

Wow, so beautiful!! So can you guys understand the language pretty well?

debora said...

Looks like you two are having an amazing adventure. I'm trying not to be jealous.

Lindsay said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Way to get in a trip like this before the kiddies come. Great time to do it.

Lindsay said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Way to get in a trip like this before the kiddies come. Great time to do it.

KC said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Way to get in a trip like this before the kiddies come. Great time to do it.

NateDawg said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Maybe we should stop copying each other before something bad happens. Great time to do it.

Carly said...

Oh KC, you think you are so funny.

Please excuse my husband Lindsay.

Cindy said...

Wow, I'm jealous. No, but really, I AM. I've always wanted to go to Venice!! It is my number one on the list of places I want to go. YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY! It's so pretty!

Rob said...

Carly, there are some similarities between Spanish and Italian, so we do understand some of it, but only small parts of conversations. But they do speak a lot of English in all these tourist spots.

Lindsay said...

I did laugh.

And I better hope this doesn't post twice.