Monday, August 4, 2008

Mom, you're the best...

Happy Birthday Mom!! I know you don't even want to talk about your birthday, but everyone deserves a shout out on the blog, ESPECIALLY you. Mom, you are an incredible mother who does so much for us every single day. You are such an amazing example and I hope that one day I can be at least half the woman that you are. We love and appreciate you SO much!

-Cindy

I'd also like to "publicly" acknowledge how truly blessed I am to have you as my Mother.

I know no matter what kind of struggles I am going through, you are always there to let me know I can overcome them; that I'm never alone.

The greatest accomplishment I've had thus far in my life, serving a mission, would not have happened if it wasn't for your unrelenting faith in the Lord and in your son.

Whenever someone asks me how I gained my testimony of the gospel, one of the first things I mention, is the incredible faith of my Mother:

During the years after high school, I struggled to find any amount of my own personal faith in the gospel. But I've always believed that your faith, prayers, and love for me and the gospel, was so strong that they seemed to bridge the gap between my lack of faith and Heavenly Father.

I always picture a large room with thousands of windows, with all of them, except for one, dark and bolted shut. The lone open window, with brilliant light shining through it, being held wide open by your strong testimony that you never hesitated to share with me during that time.

You opened up the opportunity for me to discover what is now my own personal and firm testimony in the Savior and the restored Gospel.

I love you Mom.

-Sean

5 comments:

debora said...

Thank you so much Sean and Cindy. I have been incredibly blessed by Heavenly Father to share my life with such wonderful children. His love is real.

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday, Mom! You have so much to be proud of in your life and so much more to look forward to. I look forward to seeing my children personally know and love you for themselves, even more than they already do.

Sean--that was beautiful! You're an amazing writer.

Carly said...

Sean, great, you made me cry.

Mom, Happy Birthday. We love you so much and you are such a wonderful example for all of us. Thank you for everything you do and will do. You are incredible.

Bob C said...

Ditto.

Love, bob

Rob said...

Thanks for your note Sean.

Mom I love you. Happy Birthday. You are amazing.