Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cursing In

Well, it is official. Rob is an attorney. Today was the swearing in (or "cursing in" as Rob would say, thinking he is really funny). It was actually quite amazing. There were 301 new admitees. The ceremony was short, which was appreciated, but it was poignant. All the names were read and it was fun to watch Rob stand as they said "Robert G. Crockett." The part that really got me was when they all said the oath with their right hands raised. It kind of gave me chills. I was so proud of him!
Way to go honey! You are awesome!
We celebrated with my parents at Market Street. When Rob gets the chance, I'll have him post some pictures from the day. It was a good day, one to remember for sure.

8 comments:

Sean said...

Congrats Rob! BSL!

Btw, that play-on-words title reminds me of someone...

debora said...

Congratulations Robert G. Crockett. Wish we could have been there. It's a huge accomplishment!

Carly said...

Way to go Rob! BSL indeed.

debora said...

Congratulations Rob! That's great. "Cursing" in--har har.

Ryan said...

I guess one of the prerequisites for being a BSL is to make "funny" jokes.

Congratulations Rob!

Lindsay said...

Ooops--that second "Debora" comment was made by me. Why doesn't it log you out when you shut down the browser?

Bob C said...

Congratulations, Rob. I'm sorry I missed it.

KC said...

Hooray for Rob! Law and Order is my favorite show.