Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Leo!

Presenting the newest member of the Lindahl fam (no, I'm not pregnant)....

Leo!!
Yes we've "given in" as Kirk likes to say, and gotten a puppy. Since we're stuck in Utah all summer and Kirk doesn't get many vacation days (like none), we needed something to keep us entertained. Well, we certainly got it.
Leo is a chocolate lab and pretty darn cute! But, he's quite a handful.

So far he likes to chill in the big park down the street...
play with various toys, ropes, sticks, shoes....
chase Kirk's feet around and around...


and attack his teddy bear ruthlessly.
Also, he loves to nip at our feet and bark at 3 in the morning. He does not, however, like to go down stairs or wake up from his frequent and lengthy naps. We're starting to train him, although it's difficult since he doesn't seem to understand yet that he's supposed to like treats.

Leo keeps us very busy and tired, but makes up for it by being so cute. Maybe not as cute as, say, baby Ruby, but still pretty cute.

I know, I know. Kirk and I are crazy.

14 comments:

The Wifey said...

Ahhh...he IS cute! He even has blue eyes like his parents.

The Salvesens said...

CUTE kell! Is it kind of weird that he looks like Kirk? Not saying that Kirk looks like a dog ha but the dog...eh never mind, I could never make that phrase sound good. Anyways, cute pup! Can't wait to meet him!

debora said...

Yes he definitely fits right in the family. I must admit he is adorable.
Looks like he's going to be a big dog. Train, train, train!!!!

Rob said...

Yeah, don't relive what happened with Bud.

Lindsay said...

Aww, he is so cute! And, I had the same thought as Aly--he does kind of look like Kirk. But in a good way, in a good way. We need to make a trip out to Utah this summer to see him.

And yes, I second what Rob said.

Bob C said...

Bud was not smart enough to be trained.

On his last day, on the way to the vet to be put down, he hung his head out the window and drooled down the side of the truck, loving to be there and going for a ride.

debora said...

And Abby waited at the gate for weeks for him to return. So sad.

Lindsay said...

Aww, Bud. He was a doof, but a lovable one. And poor Abby. When is she going to get her own little puppy to care for in her old age??

Cindy said...

probably one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. I'm jealous.

KC said...

that dog looks a little crazy, you should name him Damien.

debora said...

Lindsay, don't you mean when is MOM going to get a little puppy to care for in her old age? Next year....maybe.

The Wifey said...

Tadd was drooling over the pics of your dog. I think he's in love.

"That is seriously the coolest dog ever." -Tadd

Kirk said...

Everybody just thinks the dog looks like me cause I'm brown. It's my Mexican heritage, ok? I can't help it.

debora said...

Brown is good Kirk. Chocolate is brown. We love chocolate. We love you.
Is Leo wearing you guys out yet?