Saturday, September 26, 2009

Castaic Lake Boy Scout Triathlon




I friend shot pix of me in the September 25, 2009 Castaic Lake Boy Scout Triathlon. I was out of the water in the bottom third but made it up to about 25th place (top quarter) in the biking segment.

There was a mike open during the awards ceremony and I was standing next to the speakers. I could hear somebody in the distance say: "Did you see that Bob Crockett? He kicked everybody's butts on the bike. He's the oldest guy out there."

Tadd and Nate did a team run; they beat me by a little.

Casey beat me; he came in fourth in the adult division.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Way to go, Dad! You're awesome. That whole swimming thing is tough. I can't do it. Good job to Tadd and Nate, too. Glad you didn't let your old man show you up.

The Wifey said...

Hey now Casey did it too! He got 4th place in his division!

The Wifey said...

But yes Dad, Casey said you killed on the bike.

KC said...

I liked seeing Bob doing the running portion with his gloves on. I almost did something worse, I started the run with my bike helmet on and some random guy took it from me. I don't know how he found my bike. Very hot day for a race.

Rob said...

I like your shirt.

debora said...

Great job- all four of you!